|Percy Bysshe Shelley (17921822). The Cenci.|
The Harvard Classics. 190914.
- COUNT FRANCESCO CENCI.
- GIACOMO & BERNARDO, his Sons.
- CARDINAL CAMILLO.
- ORSINO, a Prelate.
- SAVELLA, the Popes Legate.
- OLIMPIO & MARZIO, Assassins.
- ANDREA, Servant to Cenci.
- LUCRETIA, Wife of Cenci, and Step-mother of his children; BEATRICE, his Daughter.
- The SCENE lies principally in Rome, but changes during the Fourth Act to Petrella, a castle among the Apulian Apennines.
- Time. During the Pontificate of Clement VIII.