|Jane Austen. (17751817). Pride and Prejudice.|
|The Harvard Classics Shelf of Fiction. 1917.|
|List of Characters|
- MR BENNET, a gentleman in moderate circumstances living in a small town in Hertfordshire.
- MRS BENNET, his wife.
- JANE, ELIZABETH, MARY, CATHERINE, & LYDIA, daughters of Mr. and Mrs. Bennet.
- SIR WILLIAM LUCAS, an affable knight, formerly in trade.
- LADY LUCAS, his wife.
- CHARLOTTE, MARIA, & MASTER LUCAS, children of Sir William and Lady Lucas.
- MR CHARLES BINGLEY a rich and amiable young man of leisure.
- MR HURST, brother-in-law of Mr. Bingley.
- MRS HURST & MISS CAROLINE BINGLEY sisters of Mr. Bingley.
- FITZWILLIAM DARCY, a friend of Mr. Bingley and a young man of wealth and high station.
- GEORGIANA DARCY, younger sister of Mr. Darcy.
- COLONEL FORSTER, of the shire Regiment.
- MRS FORSTER, his wife.
- MR PHILIPS, successor to Mrs. Bennets father in business.
- MRS PHILIPS, his wife, sister to Mrs. Bennet.
- MR GARDINER, in business in London, a brother of Mrs. Bennet.
- MRS GARDINER, his wife.
- Several young children of the Gardiners.
- REV WILLIAM COLLINS, a pompous and obsequious clergyman, cousin to the Bennets.
- LADY CATHERINE DE BOURGH, a domineering, rich old lady, aunt of Mr. Darcy.
- MISS DE BOURGH, invalid daughter of Lady Catherine.
- MR WICKHAM, a worthless young officer in the shire Regiment.
- MISS KING, courted by Wickham.
- MRS JENKINSON
- COLONEL FITZWILLIAM, a cousin of Mr. Darcy and nephew of Lady Catherine de Bourgh.
- MRS RYENOLDS, Darcys housekeeper.